Received feedback yesterday from a couple of guys who I respect about a few changes they felt needed to be made to help the site be more user friendly. So, I spent some time yesterday and this morning making changes to header styles and AdWords placement/style.
I cleaned up some of the Theme code for the sidebar, tried to make things look a little more uniform.
Hopefully, this work will make articles easier and friendlier to read.
I welcome any sort of feedback â€“ good, bad, or indifferent. I am and will always be â€œin process.â€ I appreciate you folks for coming by and reading my stuff, clicking on my links and taking part in the site.
In the process of improving the site, I ran across a pretty neat resource called the Web Page Analyzer from Website Optimization. It is a free tool which will examine your site for size, composition, and download times at various speeds, and then makes very specific recommendations about how you can improve the speed of your site with best practices, HCI and website optimization. Check it out at http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/
I found it useful and it made me begin thinking about how I could possibly improve the loading times for the Theme and Plug-ins I use. No major internal programming changes yet. But, it gives me another thing to think about with regards to the site.
I am hoping to add a forum in the next few days, if I can figure out how to get that set up.